If for whatever reason there has been an issue at the office you work at and the company hasn't been able to resolve the issue you might be forced to go to outside sources to get it handled. Nobody wants to file a complaint against his or her company or a fellow co-worker but sometimes that's the only option available.

Whether you feel like you have been harassed or discriminated against while trying to do your job there comes a point when you have to stand up for yourself if nobody else will. It's an employer's duty to create a safe workplace environment where employees are never harassed or discriminated against by co-workers or those in management. If that duty isn't being met by your company then you are forced to go outside the company to handle it.

Sure, most companies have human resource departments to handle workplace complaints but not all, and their human resources department will follow through on workplace complaints to their fullest duty. Then there are companies so small that they don't even have a human resourced department. In either case you will probably want to look towards a third party option to handle your workplace complaints such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

The EEOC will look into any harassment or discrimination claims that have happened to employees at their job because of race, national origin, sex, perceived intelligence, color, religion, age, or disability. To get the paperwork started with a claim through the EEOC you will first be required to fill out a questionnaire about your complaint within 180 days of it taking place. Eventually the EEOC will be in contact with you about your complaint's status to let your know whether or not there is any validity to it. Thank you Rotondi Mold Assessors for your continued support of our website

If the EEOC feels that you have been harassed or discriminated against at the company you work for it will recommend a course of action for what your next step should be. One option they recommend is to go to mediation with your employer to resolve the issue. If nothing gets resolved after that the EEOC will give you a right-to-sue letter and you can then take the matter up with an attorney.

You may not want it to come down to that but sometimes you have no other choice. If it means going to court to get your issue resolved then you have to stand up for your rights and make sure that whatever happened to you doesn't happen to any other employees.

Copyright (c) 2008 -